FAQ Hosting, Domains and Email Setup
- Purchase Hosting
- Sign up to HostPresto Here
- Click Plans
- And then Starter Plans, this can always be upgraded in the future if needed.
- Then select 'I will use my own domain and update my nameservers'.
- And fill in your domain you registered e.g. google .co.uk and continue to payment. You will then be able to create an account, using a unique password not linked to any other service.
- Business Email to Personal Email Client
- Please follow this guide
- Question 3
- Answer 3
FAQ Using WordPress
- Add/Edit Posts and Pages
- This tutorial explains how to create new posts on your WordPress website. First you need to log in your site e.g. yourdomain/wp-admin/ to get to the admin panel and go to Posts -> Add New. On this page you will see the WordPress posts editor. The most important parts of this page are: Post Title - enter the title of your post in this field. On your theme it will be shown above your content. Post Content - you can use the WordPress WYSIWYG editor to add the actual content of your post. Note that it has two tabs - Visual (use the editor to format your text, add images, create a template, hyperlinks etc) and Text (add your HTML code directly for the more tech savvy). You can also add a 'Feature image', which will help present your post by giving it a thumbnail image. Once you enter the content of your first WordPress post, you need to Publish it. Publishing brings your post to your actual website. That's it! You can now go to the front page or your blog of your site to check out the newly created blog post. Creating pages has the exact same process, except you simply click 'Pages' in the left sidebar instead. You might be wondering the difference of posts vs pages? Posts are content entries listed in reverse chronological order on your blog's home page. Due to their reverse chronological order, your posts are meant to be timely. Older posts are archived based on month and year. As the post gets older, the deeper the user has to dig to find it. They're mainly to provide ongoing informational updates. Pages provide the fundamental information of your website and help create the template of your entire website.
- Add a Testimonial
- This tutorial explains how to create new testimonials on your WordPress website. First you need to log in your site e.g. yourdomain/wp-admin/ to get to the admin panel and go to 'Testimonails' -> Add New. On this page you will see the WordPress testimonial editor. Where you can leave your review. To include an image of the person or business logo, click 'Set featured image' on the right hand side. Then simply click 'Publish' at the top. This will insert your new testimonial into your testimonial section.
- Question 6
- Answer 6
FAQ WooCommerce (Selling Products)
- Submit your business to google maps
- Open GoogleMaps and make sure you're signed in.
- Zoom in to the map where you want to add your business.
- In the bottom right, click Report a problem.
- Click Add a missing place.
- Drag the marker where you business is, and add any relevant information.
- Click Submit.